25 May 2014

SUMMERTIME!!!

I know...I know...
It has literally been EONS since I last wrote.....but SUMMER IS HERE...and I should have more time to write. At least, I HOPE I have more time to write!

Some people have asked me why do I want to be so public with my family's  Asperger's Syndrome experience. Well, truly it is not that I WANT to show off or anything. I started this blog basically as a journal...for ME to write out the things I needed to work through. Then, someone suggested that if I shared it, other families may benefit from hearing our experiences. Please do not think that we have all of the answers...this is a guessing game! But, with God's Grace and a whole lot of love, we will all make it through.

First off, we are about to take a family vacation!
This will be the first time we have been able to take a Family Vacation with all 3 of our boys....and it may be the last. Our oldest is now a senior in High School. By this time next year, he will have graduated. Who knows what life will hold for him after that...so we are making the most of it.

To that end, I will be trying to post as often as possible during the vacation. If for no other reason, you can enjoy the banter that will be prevalent as 2 parents & 3 kids (2 of which have Asperger's Syndrome) DRIVE...yes, that's right...I said DRIVE 18 hours 1 way. It should be VERY INTERESTING!!

I know that I really should be catching everyone up on our past school year...but I am in vacation mode, so that is where I will start this summer. As soon as I return, I promise to write a recount of our year filled with much jocularity....

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment