23 August 2013

Spider Webs

"And now for something completely different..."

Well, sort of...
Yesterday, I posted a MOMMA BEAR rant about how people can be so disrespectful to my sons and even to my husband and myself. Well, the truth is that it happens....and it always will. I don't know why people feel a need to strike out at that which they do not understand...that which is different...but they do, and that is all there is to it.

And, yes, even though I feel a certain amount of disdain at myself for voicing my frustration at that fact, I have a right and a need for my voice to be heard....even if the truth hurts.

So, today I am trying to focus on ANOTHER truth.

SPIDERS.....

If you know me in the least you know that I am incredibly arachnophobic!!!

Yet, for some reason, spider webs have always intrigued me. I don't know if it is the intricate patterns created....I have seen some absolutely breathtaking examples....or if it is the sheer determination that goes into each and every web.
Think about it...
A spider will work for hours to create something that others take for granted. At times, they will have to trust, have faith, that the breeze will lift them; as the let go of the solid support of wood or brace or branch. And then these objects of faith are just sweep away. Once it is swept away, the spider just starts over to create it again. Over and over the spider spins.

It is similar to Aspie kids...how they work and work to create or participate in something that most people just take for granted....like finishing their homework, or knowing where they put their completed work, or walking up to a group of kids and asking to play with them....having the faith to let go and try to reach new heights.
When it is swept away by people that don't recognize the beauty in the web...the beauty in the journey...the beauty of a leap of faith...they just start over and try to build it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment