22 November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

OK...so I am having a better day today. I have to apologize to those of you who read yesterday's post. As one commenter said, "I am very tired." So, now I am trying to take a little bit of time each day for me...I will let you know how THAT works.

It was quieter around here today....our oldest Aspie son is at a wrestling tournament out of town. Yes...he wrestles...which one would think Aspie kids would not find interest. He is very big and very strong and, up to now, it has been a very positive experience for him. His coach is AWESOME and his team mates really support him. THAT'S A FIRST. If you look back at the post "IS THAT THE AUTISTIC KID?" from February 2011, that was posted after his first tournament.

My 2 younger sons and I decorated "Turkey Cookies" today. One of our Thanksgiving traditions is to make cookies that look like turkeys out of our hand prints. Some of them got a little "out of hand" this year and melded into each other while in the oven. We decided to make those into a fall woodland scene. I will post pics on the pics page.

Tomorrow we travel to some friends house for Thanksgiving. These friends are very close...like family. I am making a meat dressing, Pecan Pie, Tabby Torte and a Black Forest Cake to add to the repast. We will also be responsible for the breakfast the morning of Thanksgiving. I am so excited to be spending this holiday with our friends. They "get" our kids....and our Aspie sons are very close to their daughter. In fact, I think I have written about how my middle Aspie son never PLAYS and SMILES the way he does when he is with their daughter.

On Thanksgiving morning, we will eat breakfast and then watch the parade on TV while the kids prepare the Snoopy Thanksgiving Feast....then the real feast will begin. A full day of friends and family and food.

God's Blessings on all of you and yours this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment