21 November 2011

Not Enough

I would like to think that I am always super mom...
The truth is that I sometimes think these boys would be better off with a different mother. Every once in  a while I get so overwhelmed....the sound is too constant...the motion is to constant.....the jungle of difficult situations is too thick......

There is never enough time, enough understanding, enough patience....and it all falls back to me. I am just not strong enough. THEY ARE SO WONDERFUL...I am not enough...
I need to not be needed for a short time.

We have so many beautiful family traditions around this time of year...and I feel like I am an outsider looking in. I miss them...but I just don't have enough energy to emotionally give myself to them. What am I doing? What I NEVER want to do is make things any more difficult for them......but there just isn't anything left....

Sorry....I am not super mom......

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you could do with a rest.

    Just your words; "There is never enough time, enough understanding, enough patience" make it clear that you are actually a "super mom".

    If it was all easy, then why would we call someone "super". It has to be challenging and it has to be impossible. You're "super" because you persevere.

    That said... it's good to have a break sometimes. Time to find a minder. Don't feel guilty, you're doing this for them as much as for yourself.

    ReplyDelete