27 March 2011

"Speak Into the Moments of My Day"

The title above comes from a song by David Kauffman. I have to listen to this song every once in a while. The lyrics allude to how our language, the words we speak, can have repercussions that we do not intend.

Lately, I have been overwhelmed by the amount of stress in our home. Between work, having 2 Aspie sons (that are completely different), a toddler in the middle of potty training, an 81 year old mother and a very difficult and precarious financial position....I am having trouble finding peace. Sometimes, when I have had enough, I may say things that I do not intend. I just have to let some of it out and say...
"This is NOT what my life was supposed to be like!!!"
But, I NEVER want my own shortcomings to supersede what my sons need. A tough struggle. I have always heard that,  "God never gives you more that you can handle." Well, lately, I have moments when I wish God did not have such a high opinion of my husband and myself. I don't mean to be blasphemous....I am just tired. I see things working out for other people and I say....
"We are intelligent, caring, loving people....why does it seem so hard for us?"
The song above reminds me that love is never spoken through harsh words. It is a prayer for God to speak through me when those harsh words come so easily to my tongue.

"Speak to me, Speak through me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment