05 April 2011

Happy 10th Birthday

I would like to wish my middle son, my younger Aspie son, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And he HAS had a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY...thanks to some VERY DEDICATED people!!! As I have discussed in previous posts, this son is VERY blessed to be taught by some AWESOME teachers this year. One in particular, took it upon herself to "explain" Asperger's to his classmates and even let them "experience" a little bit of what it is like. Ever since, the kids have been extremely accepting and helpful. This morning, an AMAZING thing happened! His class, without the promting of his teacher, sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him as soon as he stepped through the door. Before this year, that would NEVER have happened!!! I don't want to give away the whole story....because it isn't mine to give...but you can read it on her blog: A TO Z: LIFE IS A LESSON. I have listed a link to her blog in my Blog List for easy access.

Another blessing in his life is his "Resource" teacher. We are in the middle of Standardized Testing this week. She is testing him with a small group. He works really well with her and has truly grown and educationally matured through her guidance. She had cupcakes for this small group after today's testing to celebrate my sons birthday!

THIS SCHOOL IS AWESOME!!! WHAT A BLESSING!!!

2 comments:

  1. My autistic nephew, Austin, turned 10 today!! That's awesome!! Happy Birthday Mr Tanner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOWHOOOO!!!! Please tell him HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me!!! Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete