21 February 2011

A Triumph! Or Two...Or Three...

My middle son has a huge problem with loud sounds. But, tonight he was determined to go to "Skate Night" (a very boisterous school function at a local roller skating rink). He wanted to make sure that his class had the most students in attendance. SOOOOO not only did he stay for the 2 hours of VERY LOUD NOISE....he also did so because he wanted to help out his class (thinking of others).
WOW!! What a difference.

I must say that I really think his current teachers have a lot to do with his social progress this year. He is blessed with some incredibly gifted teachers that care enough to make sure he is on the right course. We had an amazing conference today. Being a teacher and a parent, I know that one can enter a parent/teacher conference with great trepidation no matter on which side of the table they sit. But today's conference was truly a meeting of the minds by those who care the most for the child.
God is good!

Now, I have no false hope that what was discussed is the "be all end all" of this issue. I know, as I have said in earlier posts, that progress and contention happen in waves. But it never hurts to have the sails set, ready for when the next positive wave comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment