10 October 2010

Poetry

Apsie kids can be trying. But in their darkest moments, one can see blessing....if one chooses to see blessing. For instance, my 2nd son has trouble discussing his emotions (as do many). He happened upon a bridge over this abyss last Spring when we were vacationing in Galveston, Texas. We were preparing to leave and so I was getting him ready for that transition. He began rocking and pulling at his fingernails. I knew that a meltdown was soon to follow, so I gently put my hands on his shoulders and told him, "Everything is going to be ok. Tell me...." He did not skip a beat but turned, looked me dead in the eye (which is a rare occurrence) and out of his mouth flowed the following:

 In my legs I feel the fear
 My stomach's turning like a gear
 My face is focusing far and near, and there's
 Water swirling in my ear

WOW!
What a precious glimpse into his world!

And what a beautiful world it would be...if we
All could speak in poetry!

No comments:

Post a Comment