05 May 2013

Humbled...again

Every so often, my sons yet again surprise me with their depth, their insight.

I was checking the cyber-history on my oldest son's laptop and noticed a post-it note on his desktop. As any nosey mom would do...I read it. I then asked him where he had gotten the prayer that was typed on the post-it. Seeming unfazed, he said, "uhhhh....me. I wrote it." It is a prayer that he says when he goes forth into that amazing yet, at times, dangerous world of the web. I think to myself...."here is my son, who is on the Autism spectrum, and who can conceptualize the possible dangers of the Internet...and then he can take action to forestall those dangers by giving himself up to God's protection." WOW!!! I mean WOW!!! I know intelligent adults that do not recognize these possibilities!

I asked him if I could share the prayer. He gave me permission...so it is below:

"As I today breach the walls of modern media, let not her sickly curse fall upon my mind, let not the tempters hands wrap around my heart, and let not injustice penetrate my soul. Amen."

1 comment: