08 February 2011

Waves

If there is one thing I have learned to expect as an Aspie mom....it is that when things are going well, they will soon change.

My second Aspie son has been having a hard time. That is part of why I have not had time to write recently. He seems to have taken a step backwards in his behavior at school. The beginning of this year seemed very promising. He has AWESOME teachers that really have his best interest at heart. That goes soooo far the ease the mind and soul of an Aspie parent! Yet, since the Christmas Holdiay, he has become rude, angry, resentful and will not do his work. I know....I know....some of you are saying, "duh, he has Asperger's Syndrome!" But something has REALLY CHANGED in him. I HATE THIS FEELING!!! A feeling that your child is trapped in a room and the only possible excape is through a door that is controled by a lock in a different language.....

But, as I said before, if there is one thing I have learned to expect.....it is that things will change. Things will get better. My job is to be the anchor that keeps his ship in the harbor so that it doesn't venture forth along the rocky coast. To fall back on our old friends of schedules, routines, tangible concepts......

No comments:

Post a Comment